View Karen's post at Club Scrap to see the entire hop. If you arrived from Pam's blog, you're on the route.
What is it about cute little folios that hold greeting cards? I think I'm addicted to them. Perhaps it's because I make more cards in a month than I can send, so they're fun to give away in a set.
This little notecard holder has a bi-fold cover and holds eight 3x4" notecards and envelopes. The cards store safely in a tray made from paper and are held securely in the folio with a band closure.
Follow these easy steps to make one of your own...
1. Trim two 12x12 Gold Plains at 6". Cut each 6x12 horizontally at 6".
2. Follow the measurements on an Envelope Punch Board to make a set of eight 3x4" envelopes. (Score and punch at 2-5/8".) Fold prepared envelopes on score lines and secure flaps with adhesive.
3. Trim two 12x12 Sunflower Prints at 11.75 and 8". Score the 8x12 horizontally at 3 and 9". Trim the 8x12 vertically at 4". Cut each 4x12 horizontally at 6". Trim the 3.75x12 horizontally at 11, 8.25, 5.5 and 2.75". (If you score before trimming the cards, you only have to score twice instead of four times.)
5. Fold each scored 4x6 in half to make eight cards. Add a 2.75x3.75" panel to each card in a contrasting color.
6. Decorate the cards with stamped images and embellishments. I made two each of four card styles.
7. Trim Sunflowers Brown Plain to 7.5x8.5. Score 1 and 2" from each outside edge. Cut along solid score lines as indicated in the diagram and fold into a paper tray.
8. Trim a Sunflowers Lite Green to 4-5/8x10-5/8". Score horizontally at 2.5 and 3.5". Temporarily place the paper tray next to the 3.5" score line and mark the next two score lines to properly accommodate the tray. (I was so excited about finishing the project that I forgot to take a photo of this step.)
9. Adhere the tray to the base of the folio, centered from top to bottom. Decorate the flaps of the folio. Insert the cards and envelopes into the tray. Use a 1.25" paper strip to make a band to hold the stack of cards and envelopes together. Make a second band to secure the flaps of the folio.
I have a special friend in mind who will love having these cards on hand! I hope you like this project enough to give it a whirl.
Your next stop is with Roni. Enjoy!