The beginning: Club Scrap
Your previous stop: Marya's A Notebook Novel
I was inspired by a beautiful card on a blog by my Facebook friend, Riti Poddar. While her card is elegant and monochromatic, the concept translated well to this cheerful collection.
Follow these steps to make the card:
1. Trim a sheet of White Plain from the Cantina kit to 5.5x8.5", score horizontally at 4.25" and fold to make a card base. The White in this collection is super-smooth and perfect for this technique.
2. Trim a piece of Eclipse Tape to create a mask. This art masking tape was made by JudiKins but has been discontinued. If you don't have it on hand, washi tape or Post-It notes can also be used as an effective mask.
4. Sponge Tangerine, Fuchsia and Ocean inks within the unmasked area with a CS Ink Applicator.
5. Stamp the flower image from the Art Nouveau UM stamp sheet into the inked area with the corresponding ink colors.
6. Remove the masks. (I love this part!) Note: The original card inspiration was made with a second sheet of paper placed onto the card base at an angle. I decided to use a mask to avoid having two edges on the outside of the card.
7. Add a dashed line around approximately 1/16" from the outside edge of the inked area with a CS Grid Ruler and fine-tipped black marker.
8. Stamp a sentiment, nest onto a Pink and Teal matte, and add four "flower petals" from the Enamel Stickers included in the Cantina Deluxe kit. Add the same faux stitching border to the outside edge of the stamped image.
9. Tuck a few die cut accents and a ribbon behind the sentiment and attach to the card with foam adhesive.
Give this fun technique a try after you've finished the hop, and Pin It before you go so you don't forget!
Your next stop: Ink Stains with Roni