Ever since we found these cute little silver heart charms to include in our Love Ink collection, I've wanted to make a pair of earrings.
It took me more time to gather a pair of ear wires, jump rings and pliers than it did to make the actual project. (Don't forget to grab your CS coffee mug and a thermos of hot tea to help you along.)
1. Use the pliers to open a jump ring. Thread the charm and ear wire onto the ring. After ensuring that the heart charm will dangle in the right direction, close the ring. (I'm always looking out for you and making these errors in advance.) Repeat to make the pair.
2. Use the instructions on the Gift Box Punch Board to turn a 6x6" paper into a 1.75" cube box.
3. Fold and burnish all score lines to form the box. Adhere the corner gussets to maintain the box shape.
4. Trim a piece of Dark Brown paper (included in the Love Ink kit) to 4.75x4.75". I chose this paper for its super-heavy-duty thickness. Score 1.5" from each outside edge. Remove the four outside squares formed by the intersecting score lines.
5. Punch two 1/8" holes near the top of the box and insert the earrings. Fold along the score lines to form a "table" for earring display.
6. Insert the table into the box.
7. Close the inner two box flaps. Insert a satin ribbon and hook the top flaps together, sandwiching the ribbon between the pairs of flaps.
8. Tie the ribbon into a bow.
9. Attach a 3D Dazzles sticker or other embellishment to the outside of the box and hand it off to someone you adore!
Have a love-filled day, and enjoy Marya's creation at A Notebook Novel. She always has something wonderful to share!