Hey, hoppers! I'm the "formula girl" and I've taken one of the wonderful OWH sketches and turned it into a one-sheet wonder, of sorts. It's actually a four-sheet wonder. Cut four sheets of 12x12" paper exactly the same way, and you'll get four cards with all of the prescribed nesting panels and minimal scraps.
I used OWH Sketch #215. Just look at all of those measurements! LOVE!
Time to use your smarts. Grab a 12" Paper Trimmer, select four different colors of 12x12 Paper and cut each sheet by following the step by step instructions below.
- Trim at 5.5". Cut the 5.5x12 horizontally at 11.25 and 8.5". Trim the 2.75x5.5 horizontally at 5".
- Cut the 6.5x12 horizontally at 11.5, 9, 6.25, and 3.25".
- Trim the 3.25x6.5 horizontally at 6 and 4.75".
- Cut the 3x6.5 horizontally at 5.5 and 4.5".
- Trim the 2.75x6.5 horizontally at 3.75".
- Cut the 2.5x6.5 horizontally at 3.5".
- Score and fold the 5.5x8.5 horizontally at 4.25" to make a card base.
Note: The dotted line on the sketch indicates a score line. Pieces marked with an "x" are not used.
By now you have a whole mess of pieces. Organize them by size and color, and alternate colors to create the card bases and panels.
Here's where your creativity comes in. If you like the cute overalls image and sentiment, you can find it HERE at Club Scrap. The 12x12 Light Blue, Dark Blue and Kraft PAPERS came from Club Scrap's Dungarees collection.
|I love Dazzles Round Jewel Stickers--all the pizzazz of a brad without the weight/dimension.|
|"Overall," each card is the same, with colors interchanged.|
|It's efficient to make four cards at a time. :)|
|I added a little bit of additional stamping to the Cream paper.|
To those serving us abroad who can't be home grilling burgers in the backyard this weekend with the family, I think you're the best. Thank you to you and your family for the sacrifices you've made!
Hop along now . . .