Wednesday, March 26, 2014

How to Make a Mini Gift Box


The Trees Blog hop hosted by Club Scrap sent me in search of a super-quick and easy fun project. I saw an idea for a gift box made from an 8.5x11 sheet of paper but couldn't track down the instructions. Luckily, it's pretty simple and I was able to figure it out on my own.



******start commercial break******

The pretty print used for my box is from the Club Stamp paper pack. I'll take this opportunity to shamelessly invite you to join Club Stamp! You'll receive a 12-pack of our beautiful, original papers as well as a monster sheet of unmounted stamps in a cute little priority mail envelope for just $21.95 a month.

******end commercial break******

You'll need the following supplies:
  • 8.5x11" Trees Club Stamp White Print
  • (2) 1x4.5" Dark Green Plain Strips
  • Scor-Pal
  • Bone Folder
  • Adhesive
  • Crop-A-Dile
  • Ribbon
  • Eyelets
I've made your "CASE-ing" even easier by filming this video. Just follow the simple steps: score, fold, adhere, tie, give away!



You might find this scoring sketch helpful:


I got the idea for the Alka-Seltzer Plus packets because I happen to have a cold. See? Sometimes having a cold can provide just the inspiration you were looking for. The stamped "Get Well Wishes" message was from the Big Deal Greeting UM sheet.

What would you put in the little compartment inside?


Your next stop will land you in the trees of the Netherlands at Hetty's Craft Chaos!

Thanks for visiting . . .
Tricia

21 comments:

  1. is just adorable and a great gift, Tricia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can always count on you to create a beautiful, yet practical, project! I can see this as a birthday gift for a co-worker, teacher, neighbor, or church friend filled with Ghirardelli chocolate squares. I hope they fit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too super quick and easy! I laughed out loud at the end when I saw the alka seltzer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Tricia, this is just the cutest little gift bag!! Love it. And thanks for the video and template.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tricia, this is adorable and such a nice handmade touch when giving a gift. You always share such useful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you feel better soon. Condoms might work as a wedding gag gift =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always look forward to your unique projects on these hops Tricia!. This has been placed in my "to case" file!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thnis is just adorable. Definitely put in my idea file. thank you Tricia.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute little gift idea! I'm sorry about your having a cold but it did spark a great idea. Take care and thanks for sharing gift box/bag (not your cold though).

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry you have a cold, but I love the results of the inspiration. Cute, cute box.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This would be cute with tea bags or other drink mixes in it! or Ghirardelli chocolate squares...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this, Tricia. I'd like to see if those awesome Ghiradelli chocolate squares would be a good fit. Can I borrow your gift box tomorrow? ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The gift box is precious, but I'm not so sure about the gift. It is interesting how heavy duty cold can change your perspective. I know I'll use the gift box. Thanks for the video!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the little bag, great idea

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are always so wonderful at really super awesome cute projects that are really useful fun practical and appreciated! Thanks again for always being so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Once again you've come up with a project I love and will make! I may have to follow the crowd and fill mine with chocolates, though...

    Bossann

    ReplyDelete
  17. Trisha you are the most AMAZING paper crafter! Cool idea and I will save it for future use. TFS. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ahhhh, so cute and such a great way to give a gift. I'm always looking for packaging so this was perfect! Thanksl

    ReplyDelete