Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Big Deal Listmaker

Turns out the Club Scrap Blog Hop ensures that I get at least one entry a month at The Efficient Crafter. Welcome!

Today's project with the Big Deal collection features a Pinterest-inspired notepad. I like the idea of jotting my "to do" or grocery list on the tape. The final piece to that puzzle is remembering to bring the list with me to the store.



This is the deal . . .

1. Gather a 3x9.5" piece of book board or matte board. Trim an outside wrap to 5x11.5". Trim a back cover to 2.75x9.25". Locate a foam brush and CS Bookbinding Glue.


2. Wrap the book board by following the guidelines in my Essentials Video. Cover the bottom of the wrapped board with the 2.75x9.25" panel.


3. Use a binder clip to attach a piece of ribbon to the top edge of the wrapped board.


4. Run the ribbon through a roll of register tape and tie securely into a bow.


5. Tie a piece of elastic string around the base of the board and slide the tape beneath the elastic. An elastic hair tie might work in a pinch. I added a decorative button accent.


Tah-dah! Adhere a strong magnet to the back and you can keep this cutie on the fridge. Fold the silver handle of the binding clip around to the back cover, and the notepad will lay flat.



The first thing on your new "to do" list is to hop over to Hetty's blog at Craft Chaos.

See you next month for the Trees hop!
Tricia

25 comments:

  1. What a fun, easy and soooo very useful project this is, Tricia!
    Looking great ans stylful for any place to hang.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super awesome project. Is CS going to sell us some cash register rolls? thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Practical, yet simple. My favorite kind of project! Thanks for inspiring, as usual, Tricia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Tricia! I have also seen this project and always thought what a fun project it would make! Thanks for the step outs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the simplicity of this idea, thanks for sharing it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clever, useful, and good-lookin'! My kind of project Tricia - love how the components are simple but the result is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! As I get older, I find myself looking for little scraps for "reminders"...this would be soooo handy...and cute, too!

    Bossann

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woohoo! I think I'll make one of these today! I am a list maker and like to have my to do list up front and center. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just a darling useful project again Tricia . . . of course! Great for in the kitchen for everyone to add grocery needs to.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darn cute idea . . . useful, too! I see myself making one of these in the very near future. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This adorable. A very cute idea !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea -- need to consider adding room for a ribbon/string roll next to register tape to have readily available to tie around my finger to remember the list.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I keep a to-do list on my desk ALL the time, I make a new one each week (or sometimes more frequently.) This would be way cuter than the icky ones from the Michael's bin!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this for all the lists that we like to make. Definitely putting this on the to do list. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really need to make one of these. I love it! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love making lists and I love this list keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh My Heavens! This is the most ADORABLE idea!! I want to try this SO BADLY!!! I'm off to find my Altered Composition Notebook from Retreat, and jot down the instructions!!!!! YAY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well how stinking COOL is this project!! LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is very clever and would make an excellent gift for guys.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a clever idea and pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this idea and it would be great to use for my shopping list.....

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! I bet I won't forget this list!lol YES I will, but as long as it's written down....Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is cute and would be a nice little gift!

    ReplyDelete