Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Top 13 Cards of 2013


I am participating in a link party with Operation Write Home to celebrate my favorite cards of the past year. I am a prolific card maker, so it's been a challenge to narrow it down to thirteen! Yipes, I've made a lot of cards in 2013!

In no particular order . . .

1. Club Scrap's Cape Cod collection with a nifty card pattern.


2. Club Scrap's Tribal kit with a easy-to-create brick technique featuring embossing powder.


3. Tribal kit again, using a Score-pal technique to make faux tiles.


4. Cute washi tape background and washi tape technique using inks with images from the Take Wing collection.


5. Card set using Lock & Key collection and a new sketch with cutting formulas for OWH.


6. Love this stamp/stencil combination from the Spring Collection. The stencil creates the colorful fill of the flower.


 7. I like the simplicity and dimension of this stand-up card from Random Doorways.


8. Love how simple things can be when using embossing plates to create the artwork with this blocking technique and the Lock & Key collection.


9. The beads sewn onto the hot air balloon from Up, Up & Away are nifty!


10. Simple = good. The technique is super-easy and duplicatable.


11. Just started playing with my new Gelli Plate and developed this block technique used with the Fire & Ice kit. Yum.


12. Used reflective mirror paper to make glass for this Bookshelves card.


13. Inspired by Pinterest to try this fabric-style technique with paper and the Wisteria kit.


I hope you've enjoyed this trip down memory lane! Thanks for a great year!
Tricia

21 comments:

  1. Awesome cards! love that top one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What amazing cards! I love that thanks card with the gems! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards as always Tricia. Lots of ideas to jump start the old creativity for sure. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing SO many different ideas and techniques. While I plan to try several of them, the dots and lines on the thanks card is my first choice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous collection of cards! Love the stand up card and your use of reflective mirror paper. Thanks for sharing so many great ideas and all the best in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The 'tried being normal' card is hysterical- I did not expect that sentiment with such a pretty image and colors---love it! Your Cape Cod card is simply gorgeous-- love the fancy folds--and being from the tiny state of Massachusetts- CC is near and dear to my heart! I want to try the faux tiles technique!! Thanks for your support of OWH!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome cards ! Thanks for sharing the link to the card pattern on your cool Cape Cod card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great group of cards...wonderful ideas and inspirations! As a quilter, I think the last card is my fave! tfs and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome cards. I really love the Cape Cod card! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like them all but especially what you did with the top one. I will definitely have to "borrow" that idea. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous collection! Really inspiring on all the various techniques too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oooh la la...very very creative...love love love the first card! Thanks for sharing..keep making cards.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for the trip down memory lane. Your cards are very inspiring. April

    ReplyDelete
  14. All of your cards are wonderful. I chose #1 as my favorite but I clicked on Follow This Blog as soon as I saw that you use a Gelli Plate to print papers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous choices all! I agree it is a hard (but also useful) exercise to choose only 13 from a year's worth of card but you did a great job with these. I particularly like the CAS love design using the various embossing folders. Best wishes for a a happy, healthy, and creative 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful Tricia! You really do such an amazing job with your cards! My fave of all of these was number 8! Those embossed panels and the colors of the Lock and Key kit are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  17. All such wonderful cards, Tricia,it is great to see them in one post! Happy New Year and keep the inspiration coming.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tricia I love your cards. You are an amazing inspiration to us all. I can't wait to CASE some of these with my Club Stamp kits! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Tricia, we can always count on you to share pretty cards using fabulous techniques! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Onlu top 13? I love all your cards!!

    ReplyDelete